FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve and New Mac Pro render artifacts / glitches

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edo Brizio
DaVinci Resolve and New Mac Pro render artifacts / glitches
on Dec 5, 2014 at 9:29:39 pm

I'm experiencing the same issue and to say that I'm FURIOUS is an EUPHEMISM!

This nightmare all started October 15th when I decided to make me a present and make my life easier upgrading my coloring gear with the "most powerful mac desktop" on the market.

After spending almost 11K not only I wasted time and money and lost clients but all this is still not over at today's date after a 3rd MAC PRO desktop replacement and after going through apple care to have my 2 D700 and logic board replaced on the last one!!!

Hours and hours of driving to the store, order a new replacement, wait days, reinstall drivers and softwares, render tests etc etc!!!
After hearing from the apple "genius" it definitely looks cool! there are people out there that make transparent enclosures!
It could look like an hairy armpit for what I care, I just want a machine that works for god sake!
Shame on you Apple! Shame on you Blackmagic! Advertising this machine and your software as the best combination out there for color grading!
FIX IT NOW!

same configuration of NtNext
Mac Pro (late 2013)
2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
1TB SSD
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
2xAMD FirePro D700 6144 MB
OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 (but it also appeared with 10.9)
DaVinci Resolve 11.1.1.006
Pegasus R2 32TB

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: DaVinci Resolve and New Mac Pro render artifacts / glitches
on Dec 10, 2014 at 7:01:02 pm
Last Edited By EricBowen on Dec 10, 2014 at 7:03:43 pm

Unfortunately I am unsure where the best combination recommendation for Grading out there is coming from. Davinci has always worked better on Nvidia due to Cuda acceleration is far more developed and mature than the Open CL acceleration. Besides that the new Haswell E platform is PC only right now since Apple has not updated the nMPRo yet. So combine the 2 and the nMPro is a choice and not the best option.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]