FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Softness or Feathering after you key framed the power window

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lou cann
Adding Softness or Feathering after you key framed the power window
on Dec 3, 2014 at 10:58:31 pm

Hi everyone,
Just discovered that if I animate my power window via keyframes, I am crap out of luck adding softness to it. that is, unless I want the feathering to go in & out on each keyframe.

Is there a way to add the feathering (softness) to the window after it's been animated but still have independent adjustments to the feathering?

I am use to Assimilate's Scratch method where as I could add the tracker, keyframe the mask and then add feathering.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

lou cann
Re: Adding Softness or Feathering after you key framed the power window
on Dec 4, 2014 at 6:50:36 pm

It's very frustrating.

I feel like this is the most commonly used feature and yet I can't find a single person that can explain this problem.

I can't imagine that Davinci wants you to FIRST set your softness...THEN do any key framing.

And god help you if you need to make any adjustments to the feather when you have 30 key frames on the timeline.

I 've search the entire internet and forums for help and I am stuck on stupid.

Does anyone have a solution for adjusting softness when the timeline is full of keyframes?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Dec 5, 2014 at 10:21:27 am

At some time we had the same problem in Scratch.
After some back and forth the guys implemented the selective copy/paste menu you have today.
That was a trick to duplicate just a few on the animated parameters to a new window.

The whole keyframe handling in Resolve needs modernisation at some time.
Starting with not using the names you give a node and using numbers in the timeline window instead to the cumbersome task of deleting multiple keyframes at once to the non existing ability of turning animations on and off.

We have all the functions we need, some are just stuck at a 2009 level of interaction, mostly to fit the panel i guess.

A slice of color...

Resolve 11.1.2 - Smoke 2015 - Sapphire 8
Colorist / VFX Guru / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

lou cann
on Dec 5, 2014 at 6:12:12 pm

Thanks for your reply,

Also in my case, I need to do some roto work around the face area which would be better suited for Mocha or AE and I understand that Resolve isn't a roto software.
However, I still can't imagine that I am the only one that ran into this problem. I've been on all the forums and it seems like people are looking at me as if I was asking for a ridiculous function.

All they need is an "Obey key "function. (like Mocha) which allows points to be offset.
UNLESS,...I am not using the nodes in a more intuitive way and there is a clever work around?

Return to posts index

Paul Nordin
on Dec 8, 2014 at 12:50:52 am

That one (importing roto info from Mocha), while we all wish would be a simple import, is still fairly easy. Its three not too onerous steps.
1. Do the roto work in Mocha
2. copy the roto into into a AE timeline and render the clip out with alpha
3. import the clip into Davinci as an alpha matte and apply it to your correction

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Dec 16, 2014 at 12:16:22 am

If you have mocha Pro, you can eliminate the AE step and simply render out your mattes to Resolve.

You can even render out multiple color channels as a trick to get 3 mattes in one render.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]