FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy qualifier isolation settings-PART TWO QUESTION

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lou cann
Copy qualifier isolation settings-PART TWO QUESTION
on Nov 29, 2014 at 3:53:13 am

Hello again,

I am trying to grade a person's face only and then apply the new grade to other shots.

So I isolated the face area via "qualifier" , adjusted the skin tones as I needed and then saved the grade via "Grab Still preset"

So I discovered 2 things:

1. If I paste the Grade to another shot, it automatically applies the qualifier settings and applies the grade. (Yippy !)

2. (my problem)
If I want to apply the grade to another shot that already has a qualifier added to it, it changes the qualifier settings to match the new preset.

So How can I apply the color settings to a node without it changing the existing qualifier???

I tried to adjust the color only on a clip, do a still grab and save it as a preset. Then drop it on a node that has a qualifier on it. But it applied the color change to the entire clip.

I am so confused,
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Copy qualifier isolation settings-PART TWO QUESTION
on Nov 29, 2014 at 9:11:38 am

[lou cann] "So How can I apply the color settings to a node without it changing the existing qualifier??? "
Create a new node and copy the other qualifier to that. Don't try to copy two qualifiers to the same node.

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
on Nov 29, 2014 at 10:16:24 am

Use the alpha input on the correction node and pipe the qualifier node output alpha channel (with image input to that node from where it was qualified from) into the correction node alpha input.

It's probably easier to just copy and paste the node and re-do the qualifier or correction to taste though!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 29, 2014 at 5:18:07 pm

Not at my box, but from memory...right click on your still preset and select display node.

From here you can drag any pieces of that preset over to your existing grade...and ignore any areas you don't want.

Take the preset qualifier, and put it into a different area of your new correction, or as was mentioned, use the alpha from it.

While a lot of this in not necessarily in the "basics" of resolve, it is in a pretty routine, day to day workflow. I would highly suggest you search out some tutorials.

Ripple training
Tao of Color
CMIVFX
Udemy

are all good examples, and fairly inexpensive.

It sounds like you are ready to learn the next steps.

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

lou cann
on Dec 3, 2014 at 10:50:36 pm

Thanks Guys !

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Nov 29, 2014 at 5:40:49 pm

Worth noting, if you select a node, hit cmd-C, then go to the new shot, add a node and then hit CMD-V. It will copy the settings over from that specific node, and only that node.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Dec 1, 2014 at 6:08:19 pm

Carrying on from Glenn and Juan, there is another useful detail in that if you have an existing grade node tree on a clip, similar to something else, but want to update a tweak to a particular node, "reveal"ing a source correction, selecting one of the nodes to bring forward can be "added" or "appended" to the destination correction... or if there is somewhere it should be inserted to update a particular node, it can be dragged and dropped into that node -- essentially "dropping" it into the well. It will overwrite the contents of that node only.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Vincenzo Onorato
on Dec 2, 2014 at 8:57:57 am

Key mixer node? it should work

V.O.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Dec 4, 2014 at 6:11:23 am

I'd like to point out, that pretty much all other high end systems- Lustre, Baselight, Nucoda allows to select just the controls you like and deselect controls, that do not needed on any given layer or a node in a Resolve parlance. This is something, that should had been addresses a long time ago. But it will not be....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]