After effects file randomly disconnecting from Davinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan McKay
After effects file randomly disconnecting from Davinci
on Nov 24, 2014 at 11:14:32 pm
Last Edited By Nathan McKay on Nov 24, 2014 at 11:22:03 pm

Hey guys,

I'm exporting a short film and for some reason my After Effects VFX shots will randomly appear only as blank, black video files from both my media tab and the timeline. This, of course, causes my export to fail rendering the shot. Anyone have any ideas for solutions? All my original R3D footage is fine, but this seems to randomly happen and I don't know why. The source folder is correct, and the footage shows up fine and plays fine most of the time. The clips are Apple ProRes 4444.

Also, I'm connected to the hard drive using a firewire 400 cable. I'm hoping that's not the problem, but thought I would also mention that.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: After effects file randomly disconnecting from Davinci
on Nov 24, 2014 at 11:58:50 pm

I don't think Firewire is a fast enough interface for ProRes 444 HD shots, but it would depend on the drive and the computer itself. I think you'd be better off with USB3 or Thunderbolt.

In this case, try copying the files, putting the copies in a new folder, re-importing the material, and see if it sticks. And be sure the drive is set in the Media Storage Volumes preference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]