FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting random green flicker in my renders on Davinci Resolve Lite 11 on my Macbook Pro

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Solo
Getting random green flicker in my renders on Davinci Resolve Lite 11 on my Macbook Pro
on Nov 18, 2014 at 5:40:28 am

So I'm using my brand new Macbook pro 15" (intel gfx) with Da Vinci Resolve 11 lite and I'm experiencing occasional green frames when I render. In a project of about 50 clips (around 5 minutes) I get maybe 5 green frames in total and they always seem to appear in at the same points each render even though the clips they appear in are exactly the same as the rest. I'm using 70D mov 1080p 25fps footage, and in another project with the same issue 1080p MTS footage from an HMC151e also 25fps.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'm guessing its something to do with Mac OS or Intel GFX but I'm hoping its not because I bought this laptop specifically for on-the-go editing as I am traveling constantly for my work.

Any replied are welcomed and thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Charles Haine
Re: Getting random green flicker in my renders on Davinci Resolve Lite 11 on my Macbook Pro
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:07:57 pm

Is this a Retina? If so, you probably aren't using the Intel GFX for the render, the intel card is probably being used for the GUI, and you are using the Nvidia card (I think it's the 750M) for the render.

If it is the 15" retina macbook pro, I have graded two features on one, countless shorts, web spots, music videos, and taught demo's on it. So, they definitely don't all kick out green frames.

My graphics card recently went back and Applecare replaced the whole logic board. If it's still under applecare might be worth having the genius bar run their diagnostic tests to see what's happening.

Ch:H

CharlesHaineColorist.com

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Getting random green flicker in my renders on Davinci Resolve Lite 11 on my Macbook Pro
on Nov 19, 2014 at 8:28:46 pm

Resolve does not support Intel graphics. If your MBP doesn't also have an AMD or NVIDIA graphics system, it's not suitable for Resolve use.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Nov 19, 2014 at 11:48:21 pm

You probably know this but any recent MBP will have either AMD or Nvidea graphics.

Robert

Return to posts index

Charles Haine
on Nov 20, 2014 at 12:10:41 am

You might be confused since if you go to "about this mac" on the retina mbp it says "iris graphics". Look in your system profile and you should see that you have both Intel and nvidia, I think the gt750m. I don't remember what tab but something like display or graphics.

CharlesHaineColorist.com

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Nov 20, 2014 at 2:01:24 am
Last Edited By Dwaine Maggart on Nov 20, 2014 at 2:03:06 am

Sadly Robert, that's not true. You can buy Retina MBP with only Intel HD graphics. Both 13" and 15" models.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Nov 20, 2014 at 4:29:30 am

[Dwaine Maggart] "Sadly Robert, that's not true. You can buy Retina MBP with only Intel HD graphics. Both 13" and 15" models."

Thanks for the correction. I could have almost bet that they all have AMD or Nividea add on GPUs.

Sad indeed! Apple should do better.

Y'all be cool,
Robert A. Ober
Resolve Software 11.1.1
Late 2013 15" MBP all options
2009 Mac Pro/24GB/GTX570 & Titan/8 TB RAID 0

Return to posts index

Joe Szopa
on Dec 30, 2014 at 5:00:34 am

Dwaine, Just curious. Why doesn't Blackmagic support Intel graphics?

Return to posts index

Delgermaa Maam
on Mar 24, 2015 at 5:01:29 pm

Hi Guys
What is the difference between Davinci resolve and Mistika.I just using Red epic camera,which software for this camera?
Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]