FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project Files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Project Files
on Nov 17, 2014 at 6:53:54 pm

I'm finally getting around to backing up projects from years ago. I like to keep all of the editing projects files (PPro & AE), RAW files and everything else I would need to jump back into the project years later if I need to. I realized that I don't know where DaVinci saves its projects to and if I can even access them? The only thing I can seem to find is "Export Project".

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Project Files
on Nov 17, 2014 at 8:07:23 pm

[Stephen Smith] "The only thing I can seem to find is "Export Project".
"

In that case, you have discovered how to archive DaVinci projects.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 17, 2014 at 8:10:57 pm

That's a pain. Oh well. Thanks for the help, I wanted to make sure I was doing this right.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

John Knapich
on Nov 20, 2014 at 5:33:29 pm

What about backing up the database? I assume that has all the project info for all of the projects in the db.

John Knapich
Creative Director/Partner
Assembypix.com

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:07:24 am

Yep, and when you export the project(s), make sure it includes the stills. If you want to dot the i's and cross the t's, you can also include thumbnails, which will make a bigger project. I also take a snapshot of the directory structure in case I have to redo the session elsewhere on a different computer, which will help preserve the media links in the database.

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Dec 3, 2014 at 3:57:56 pm

I would clean up the project removing and unused media and timelines, then export the project as a DRP manually and include LUTs, stills, etc. and use "Resolve Collect" to media manage the media. Reopen the project, connect to the newly media managed media, save and archive to spinning disks or LTO.

Painful, but I have found exporting to DRP much more reliable than manually copying folders from the database.

Best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]