FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixed Resolution Workflow

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina Sarentino
Mixed Resolution Workflow
on Oct 28, 2014 at 2:48:23 pm

Hey all, on my film I have quite a few resolutions going around. Three different cameras aswell. I have 6k 5k 4k 2k and 1080p. Now some of my sequences are mixed res. I wanted to know what would be the best approach in grading these mixed in resolve. Should i create a project just for 6k and grade all the 6ks and so on or how?.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Mixed Resolution Workflow
on Oct 28, 2014 at 3:06:18 pm

I would go 12K so you have some pixels in reserve ;)

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.1.4 - Smoke 2015
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 28, 2014 at 4:05:33 pm

If you can keep saving stills so that there is some capability for grading in some kind of context, with this wild mixture of formats, you might be better served by separating some of them. Frame rate differences are a big enough hassle -- start mixing in the probable differences in aspect ratio is going to start building an unrewarding day, trying to deal with all of them at once. If you are unsure at this point, it is just going to get worse.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Gina Sarentino
on Oct 28, 2014 at 4:10:46 pm

Thats for the reply. The good thing is my fps and aspect ratios are all the same for all the clips except a few slow motion shots which im grading independently. Im now using resolve 11 which seems to be grouping all my mixed res and fps perfectly togther in a timeline whereas before it would give me issues. So im gonna do some trial and error by working on the timeline inported in by he XML and render each clip alone (ive always prefered rendering individual clips rather than single clip) with different resolutions and see what happens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]