FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 11 - GPU and Frame Blinking problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anand kamal
Resolve 11 - GPU and Frame Blinking problem
on Oct 27, 2014 at 6:07:57 am

With full version resolve 11 (on Windows), there is a tab under the "Preferences" menu named "Use GPU to Compute" which i could not find in the Lite version 11.

But the full version has a problem with color correction. Whenever i color correct or use film convert after a basic correction, there are intermittent frames that do not get corrected and they show like blinking effect when played back (found in rendered output also). This occurs in resolve 10 full version too. But the Lite version does not show this problem.

However, "Use GPU to compute" option is not there in Lite version. Pls provide me a solution to use the full version without "blinking frames" problem or the Lite version to activate the GPU processing for speed correction. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
Re: Resolve 11 - GPU and Frame Blinking problem
on Oct 27, 2014 at 6:17:25 am

Do you have the dongle securely plugged in when running the full version?

Make sure you are using the version downloaded from the Blackmagic support website and not from any 3rd party site/source.

Return to posts index

anand kamal
on Oct 27, 2014 at 6:57:53 am

i reinstalled and the whole frame flickering is now fine, but black flickering at the top of the footage remains after rendering out.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Oct 27, 2014 at 6:59:51 am

Are you using Intel or AMD processor?

Return to posts index

anand kamal
on Oct 27, 2014 at 7:45:18 am

i am using intel

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Oct 27, 2014 at 9:35:09 am

I suppose you will have to provide about this black flickering at top then. If you have purchased the full version of the software, you can contact BMD support with the details, and send the clip and project which will show the problem.

Return to posts index

anand kamal
on Oct 27, 2014 at 3:53:39 pm

yes thanks..

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Oct 27, 2014 at 8:20:24 pm

In scaling(?) pretty sure that's where it is, do you have Aliasing set to "Auto"? If so, try turning it "Off".

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow
http://vimeo.com/ebjohnson/colorreel

Return to posts index

Arthur Ditner
on Nov 17, 2014 at 6:51:19 pm

Hey there,

There are no GPU customization options in Resolve Lite. Running multiple GPUs is a feature of the full version of Resolve.

Under "GPU Processing Mode" in your preferences ensure you are selecting "Cuda" if you have an NVidia GPU, or "OpenCL" if you are on AMD.

Take a look at pages 11 & 12 in the Resolve 11 "Windows OS System Configurations" guide for specifics for updating the drivers for either NVidia or AMD platforms. An out of date GPU driver most certainly can cause render anomalies.

Return to posts index

Antonis Ant
on Aug 19, 2017 at 6:17:42 pm

Having the same issue. Here's a video that I created showing this issue. Any ideas how to resolve it?

Return to posts index

anand kamal
on Aug 19, 2017 at 7:12:07 pm

Hi Antonis, using a Lite version or installing the complete version (original) again would fix the problem, hopefully, because it worked when I re-installed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]