FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create Tape Names Easily

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
Create Tape Names Easily
on Oct 22, 2014 at 10:58:58 pm

Hi,
I am an Avid Assistant Editor and it takes a very tedious job to give each clip, an individual tape name. I thought there was a way in Davinci Resolve for the D.I.T. to give clips individual tape names very easily. This would tremendously speed up our workflow, so that when I received the mxfs from set, they already had individual tape names. Can someone please enlighten me if there is a way for them to do this?

As a work around, I decided to just copy the tape names to the "Camroll" column in Avid, because I heard that Online can use the Camroll column, just as well as the Tape Name column, to relink. However, my editor's dupe detection won't be triggered if there is no individual tape name.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Create Tape Names Easily
on Oct 23, 2014 at 8:24:52 am

Yes, in the Media page of Resolve, you can group select as many clips as you want, bring up the Metadata editor, and then change a field and have it apply to all the clips. I just tried it and it works fine for Reel Number, Clip Number, whatever you want. I assume Avid can read and sort the same group of fields. I believe there are also 3rd-party utilities that will allow you to rewrite metadata for most major camera formats.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]