FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 to DaVinci Alexa workflow problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Lehnert
FCP 7 to DaVinci Alexa workflow problems
on Oct 15, 2014 at 5:13:34 pm

Hello-

I have a project shot on Alexa to ProRes4444 files. Dailies were made to Proxy files keeping the meta data.

I am exporting XML files from FCP 7 and importing them into Resolve 10. Resolve searches the original camera files and everything connects.

Unfortunately a lot of the shots have slipped. The timecodes have change on import. I have re-imported my XML into FCP 7 and they are the correct ins and outs for the shots. I can manually reconnect the clips to the original camera media with no problem in Final Cut Pro but Resolve is not reading the timecodes correctly.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

Eugene

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
Re: FCP 7 to DaVinci Alexa workflow problems
on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:11:53 pm

So it looks like it's the multiangle/clip problem. But when I media manage the sequence and I create a new XML Resolve is telling me the clip is missing or the timecode extents are wrong.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:21:53 pm

Turning on Assist using reel names from the embedding in source clip file connected all the Alexa footage properly. The MVI 5D files don't come in correctly but there are not as many of those.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Oct 15, 2014 at 9:48:22 pm

Canon 5D .MVI footage is problematic under the best of circumstances. I try to only use ProRes conversions of Canon 5D material when I can, because the timecode is much more reliable and the format is less buggy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]