FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changue of color delivering from Davinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bea vilarino
Changue of color delivering from Davinci
on Oct 14, 2014 at 3:32:39 pm

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for your help. I found a problem working on Davinci Resolve that I am not able to "resolve". I am grading some RAW footage from the Black Magic, and when I do the export to Quicktime H264 (Or any other Quicktime codec) I can see a high desaturation in the reds (i am visualizing it on Quicktime Player) . I tried almost every color option and I am not able to changue it, so I am exporting all the footage to DPX and turn in to export it from After Effects.

Any idea of why this is happening?

Thank you very much

beatriz

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Changue of color delivering from Davinci
on Oct 16, 2014 at 4:31:37 pm

[bea vilarino] "exporting all the footage to DPX "

If that works, the problem is with Quicktime, not Resolve.

If you widened your search criteria for other threads concerning quicktime differences with rendered values (you did do a search, correct?) you'd discover several thousand discussions over the past 8 or 9 years struggling with problems with value scaling, gamma, and many other mis-matches.

Without any details of how you are actually judging the differences between your expected and observed results, its really impossible to point to anything other than the usual explanations -- looking at your examples, though, it suggests that the only saturated color in the image is in fact the flesh tones... if there were a larger range of hues, my bet is that you would more than likely see the entire gamut being de-saturated. My other guess is that you likely haven't measured any of these possible differences with a waveform monitor for an objective evaluation. Generally that makes a more accurate evaluation fairly obvious, and can point to where the results have diverged from your intended goal.

If you are depending on Apple OS to supply accurate results, sadly, that is overestimating that company's ability to deliver consistent output.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]