FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere CC to Resolve w/ 59.94 coformed footage in sequence

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eduardo Araujo
Premiere CC to Resolve w/ 59.94 coformed footage in sequence
on Oct 7, 2014 at 4:37:41 pm

Hi All,

Working in the latest version of Premiere CC, I am trying to go from Premiere to Resolve for color. I export and XML from premiere and import it into resolve from the "Edit" window.

The problem that I am having it that all of the footage that was conformed from 59.94 to 23.98 is not properly connected. Some of the clips that are connected are pulling the wrong part of footage from that clip. I'm guessing that this is because Premiere is outputing the footage in the XML without the proper conform to 23.98, and resolve is trying importing it at 59.94 so the timecode is off.

Is there any way to work around this? Because adobes' "interpret footage" way of conforming the footage in the project doesn't actually affect the raw file (unlike cinema tools with FCP 7), would the best thing to do be to re-export all of my 59.94 back out to 23.98 clips. This is going to be a pain in the ass so if i could avoid i that would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Eduardo

Return to posts index

Amy West
Re: Premiere CC to Resolve w/ 59.94 coformed footage in sequence
on Mar 6, 2016 at 10:53:32 pm

Hi Eduardo,

I know that it's been a few years, but I'm a student having the same problem and haven't been able to solve it. It's been a few days of unsuccessful troubleshooting and I'm feeling like I'm loosing it. Do you remember what you did to resolve this?

Thanks so much

-Amy

Return to posts index

Eduardo Araujo
Re: Premiere CC to Resolve w/ 59.94 coformed footage in sequence
on Mar 8, 2016 at 3:39:50 pm

Hi Amy,

This problem has actually seemed to resolve itself with new versions of Adobe Premiere. I imagine the newer versions export a more complete XML. Im using the latest version of CC 2015 now and don't have problems with it. The workaround that I found was most efficient for me was to make a full res (prores 422 for me) export of my cut. Clean, with no cards or titles. From there i brought the video into resolve and used scene cut detection. It's a very useful tool, if you aren't familiar with it it might be good to look up some tutorials online. It's fairly easy to understand. Hope this helps! I struggled with this problem for a long time and tried many different things.

Best,
Eduardo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]