FORUMS: list search recent posts

R11.1 versus beta

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
R11.1 versus beta
on Oct 6, 2014 at 3:01:43 pm

Hey all -

Very new at Resolve, very old at NLE's. I am learning R11.1 (the public beta) and finding that the playback on a tricked out 2013 MacPro is terrible. Is this a setting issue or will the release version of fix the dropped frames and playback stutters? Also, is the release version of 11.1 an upgrade or do we need to remove the beta version and reinstall the release version. Thanks in advance.

Scott Witthaus

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Patrick Morgan
Re: R11.1 versus beta
on Oct 6, 2014 at 5:52:39 pm

I also miss the DS Scott....

Patrick Morgan
Product Marketing Manager
http://www.digitalvision.tv

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 6, 2014 at 6:26:38 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Also, is the release version of 11.1 an upgrade or do we need to remove the beta version and reinstall the release version. Thanks in advance.

Scott Witthaus"

Scott,

The 11.1 release is not an upgrade, the feature set in there is the same as it was in beta. In other words, 11.1 is out of the beta stage.

I have yet to go in and update from beta to the non-beta (full) version. It is recommended to remove the beta before installing the new version, though this might not be necessary.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Oct 6, 2014 at 11:05:01 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "I am learning R11.1 (the public beta) and finding that the playback on a tricked out 2013 MacPro is terrible. Is this a setting issue or will the release version of fix the dropped frames and playback stutters?"
What specific file format and resolution are you trying to play back? It's relatively easy to play ProRes 422 (as one example), but a lot tougher to play 2.8K Arriraw.

I can play back 5K Red R3D files just fine, though any kind of NR will slow down or crash the system. If I just use the NR on the final 1080 output files (DNxHD or ProRes), all is fine.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Oct 7, 2014 at 3:29:18 pm

Nothing special. AVCHD. I am suspecting a setting somewhere.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]