FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to output separate audio tracks in Resolve 11?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Eitner
Any way to output separate audio tracks in Resolve 11?
on Sep 14, 2014 at 11:28:15 pm

I'm new to Resolve but not entirely new to video editing (have used Final Cut "classic" in the past). I searched through the PDF manual and online but could find no solution to my question.

I have DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite--the main difference between lite and full seeming to be that Lite doesn't support control surfaces or 3D, neither of which I use--on a 2010 Mac Pro running OSX 10.9.4. I'm using it primarily for its editing features. I can find no way to output multiple audio tracks as separate tracks in the Quicktime file, such as separate languages or voiceover/commentary. The audio options in the Deliver screen seem to affect all audio globally as a single stereo pair.

Is it possible in Resolve 11 to output separate audio tracks in a single file deliverable? Am I asking too much of the Lite version?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Any way to output separate audio tracks in Resolve 11?
on Sep 18, 2014 at 10:57:29 pm

Yes, it's possible. You need to map out your tracks in the mixer to the appropriate destination track.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
on Sep 19, 2014 at 11:55:07 pm

Thank you, I didn't think to look for that in the Media Pool -- I was looking in the Deliver section after arranging and mixing.

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:55:07 am

Sorry, I think we're talking about different things. What I'm trying to do is, for example, to output a single Quicktime file which has both an English language track and a Spanish language track, but they should not play at the same time. The viewer should be able to select which language to listen to.

Unless I'm missing something very basic (quite possible) the channel mixer only seems to let me map audio to a stereo or 5.1 mix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]