FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve/Avid/After Effects Workflow

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Rubin
Resolve/Avid/After Effects Workflow
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:07:31 pm

Hi All,

I'm working on a project right now that requires compositing to be done in After Effects for the edit. I started the project by rendering low-res files from Resolve of RAW & ProRes media via AAF Round trip.

I've done the round-trip from Avid to Resolve a few times but am not clear on how to deal with bringing the footage online if I have done compositing in After Effects - how can I bring the footage online in the final stage for grading?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Resolve/Avid/After Effects Workflow
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:25:08 pm

[Randy Rubin] "how can I bring the footage online in the final stage for grading?"

If it is not part of a Media Composer timeline, where it has been imported as Media, and re-edited into the project, in which case an AAF round trip would be appropriate, then you will be importing it into the Resolve media pool and reconforming the VFX clips into the master sequence. It is possible do this manually.

If you are reconforming to master full-resolution clips in Resolve, then it might be a possibility to segregate the VFX clips onto a second layer, for example, or a separate bin, so that you can change source folder for the media that you do want to substitute, on a folder basis.

Another brute force method would be to take all the low-res media "offline" and direct Resolve to search other source folders to essentially force a reconnect to the desired clips, when it can't find the proxies you used for the edit.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]