FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening Resolve 8.0 project in Resolve 11?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Opening Resolve 8.0 project in Resolve 11?
on Sep 2, 2014 at 11:45:22 pm
Last Edited By Mel Matsuoka on Sep 2, 2014 at 11:45:44 pm

I know I'm probably overlooking something really stupid, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to import a Resolve 8.0 project tarball archive (*.tar.gz file) into Resolve 11.

The Import Project File requestor ignores the .tar.gz archive files, and unpacking the tarball and pointing Resolve to the project.xml file within it doesn't work. I've even tried renaming the unpacked folder to "unpacked folder.drp" and converting it into a bundle, but still no such luck.

What am I missing here?

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
Re: Opening Resolve 8.0 project in Resolve 11?
on Sep 3, 2014 at 4:14:04 am

I think you'll have to go through R9, R10 to R11. Maybe one of the steps is not required, but the project formats have changed significantly over releases. We guarantee one version backward as a minimum normally.

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
Re: Opening Resolve 8.0 project in Resolve 11?
on Sep 3, 2014 at 8:06:27 pm

[Rohit Gupta] "I think you'll have to go through R9, R10 to R11. Maybe one of the steps is not required, but the project formats have changed significantly over releases. We guarantee one version backward as a minimum normally."

Thanks Rohit...that's a major bummer, to say the least. I had a client request a 4K render of a RED job that I graded years ago in R8...so much for the concept of 4K acquisition being a "future proof" workflow! :P

Anyways, since the redesign of the BMD website––while aesthetically beautiful––it's become really difficult to find downloads and other information.

Where is the link to download legacy versions of Resolve?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]