FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 11 - Font face problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Bigler
Resolve 11 - Font face problem
on Aug 29, 2014 at 11:32:11 am

Hi there,

I'm enjoying many of the new features of the 11 release, especially for online work. Yet, a stupid issue I bumped into sending me right back to after effect is that I tried to create a title with the font "Helvetica Neue", and the Font face "Ultralight". And the font remains bold regardless. Changing the font face changes from italic to non-italic. But the thickness of the characters remains the same regardless of the font face chosen.

Is this the same for other users? A problem with that particular font?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve 11 - Font face problem
on Aug 30, 2014 at 4:50:44 am

This may be a font conflict within the OS. I've seen this kind of thing happen before, particularly in page layout programs like inDesign.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Bigler
on Aug 30, 2014 at 9:58:32 am

OK, it might be. I should try it on an other DaVinci machine. Any tip on how it is to be solved?

We turned to After Effect for this project, and there it worked as expected.

A little surprising, since it is a pretty standard font.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Sep 3, 2014 at 4:25:23 am

As far as I know, Helvetica Neue is not a standard font, but an add-on font you have to buy from Adobe. I have seen conflicts from certain Adobe fonts before, particularly with web pages and things like that. In theory, the software should be using the font toolbox with the operating system, but I don't know how BMD is doing it.

I have seen weird things happen even with font slates in Resolve 10 where the size suddenly changes for no reason, just after the timeline is closed and reopened. I gots no explanation for it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]