FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import from FCP7 XML - Problem with In/out points

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aemilia scott
Import from FCP7 XML - Problem with In/out points
on Aug 28, 2014 at 5:41:37 am

I'm importing a timeline to DaVinci which I've edited with MOV dailies. I'm bringing in an XML, relinking to R3Ds, and prepping a project for color.

I'm having trouble getting DaVinci to recognize the proper in points of each of my clips. I've tried importing an XML from both FCP7 and Premiere. In DaVinci, the clip positions and durations look right in the timeline, however the in points are wrong. Meaning, the wrong section of clip is used.

I've actually tried importing the FCP xml to premiere, and from premiere to FCP, and in that case each program was able to read the in points of the other's XML. I've even tried importing the project into DaVinci and using the MOV files, not the R3D files, and still the in point problem is there.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Aemilia

Return to posts index

theodore godwin
Re: Import from FCP7 XML - Problem with In/out points
on Aug 28, 2014 at 6:39:08 am

You say the in points are wrong. Is every clip wrong? How far off are they? Where did the quicktimes come from? Were the quicktimes made with a hardware decoder during shooting, or made afterwards from the R3d files, or are they the mov proxies accompanying thr R3ds. Is that a consistant number of frames or is it random?
Sounds like the mov files have different timecode than the R3d, or that the wrong embedded timecode or edgecode or absolute or camera tc box in the R3d raw options is checked.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Aug 28, 2014 at 4:00:35 pm

In Resolve, confirm that the R3D files media start time code value is the same as the .mov files. If they are different, there is provision to change that in the clip properties dialog.

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

John Sellars
on Aug 29, 2014 at 3:28:50 pm
Last Edited By John Sellars on Aug 29, 2014 at 3:37:31 pm

Is it a multiclip (or "multicam") project? One must collapse clips AND media manage them before exporting an XML.

See this thread and some others on BMD forum I think: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/16080#16085

An EDL usually works without MM, but you will lose size and speed info, and will have to bring in a separate EDL for each track.

This is a known issue for Avid AAF also…

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]