FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid AAF round trip problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Coote
Avid AAF round trip problems
on Aug 21, 2014 at 7:54:36 pm

Hi
I am trying to import an AAF of dailies (DNXHD 45) made in Resolve (V11) into Avid (Symphony v6.04)
I get these errors every time (see attachments):

If I click "continue" through the errors, I see the clips in the bin with V1 A0-2 in the tracks column.
They wont play though and keep giving errors.
However, if I open the media tool and drag the clips into a bin they open fine. Under "track" it says V1 A1-2,
or V1 A1-8 - like it should, depending on my resolve audio export settings. These clips play fine.
This makes me think that the DNXHD files are fine - it's just the AAF that Avid doesn't like for some reason.
Anybody seen these error messages? Am I losing any metadata by dragging from the media tool, instead of importing the AAF?
I have tried using V7 of Avid with the same results. I have tried different combinations of export settings
using the Avid AAF round trip preset in Resolve as a starting point with no luck.
The original footage is Sony XAVC with 8 channels exported as DNXHD 45.
Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Avid AAF round trip problems
on Aug 25, 2014 at 5:24:09 pm

[Chris Coote] "Anybody seen these error messages? Am I losing any metadata by dragging from the media tool, instead of importing the AAF?"

Similar error messages... but not the same. I got errors somewhat like this when I was trying to deal with some XDCam footage without the proper decoder installed, but I don't think this is your issue.

I doubt you would lose any metadata by dragging with the media tool -- another method is to delete the .mdb file, re-launch Symphony and let the application re-scan, then drag it into a new folder.

I can't think of anymore conflicts other than some fundamental mismatch between media types and project settings between Symphony and Resolve Evelyn.

You are exporting a new AAF from Resolve, correct?... and conforming with the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/# catalog protocol...

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Chris Coote
Re: Avid AAF round trip problems
on Aug 27, 2014 at 1:24:53 pm

Yes, new AAF from Resolve - the one Resolve creates when using Avid AAF round trip. And conform using "assist using reel names embedded in source file". Have tested this and it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]