FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synced Audio Not Showing in Resolve 11 Timeline

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Keller
Synced Audio Not Showing in Resolve 11 Timeline
on Aug 19, 2014 at 9:44:43 pm

Hi all,

I read through the manual about syncing audio manually have followed the instructions exactly as written, however when I drop my clip onto the timeline it still retains the original camera audio. Does Resolve not sync off-camera audio to a clip that already has audio/video on it? This is probably an easy answer and a bonehead question, but thought I would ask :P Thanks!

Jake

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
Re: Synced Audio Not Showing in Resolve 11 Timeline
on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:18:37 am

When you synch audio in the edit page either by hand or automatically the name of the audio clip is not updated in the Ui. The video clip retains exactly the same name of it audio portion without reflecting the change, but the audio is indeed replaced.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 23, 2014 at 6:07:14 pm

Click on a clip in your timeline, call up your waveform view for the audio, and you should see the name of the audio file in the wave form window.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Aug 23, 2014 at 7:40:35 pm

Glen,
After audio is synced in the MEDIA (not merely linked in the EDIT), the name of the original audio clip - as it was before the sync - will NOT be visible in the EDIT, on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 24, 2014 at 3:20:33 pm

Correct, but if you click on the clip in the timeline, and call up your wave file view, that view will show you which audio clip you are listening to. You will see a different file name than what the timeline is showing.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Aug 24, 2014 at 10:50:17 pm

What you describe is possible in the MEDIA tab, not in the EDIT tab.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 25, 2014 at 3:15:52 pm

You are correct, the info only appears in the media tab. I guess my point is, if you are trying to confirm what audio is being used, that is where you do it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Benjamin Steiner
on Nov 23, 2015 at 12:07:28 am
Last Edited By Benjamin Steiner on Nov 23, 2015 at 12:08:10 am

Bumping this thread.

I auto-synced audio with video based on timecode, how do I get to automatically use the corresponding synced audio file when playing the video in the timeline?

In the Media tab, it works: the corresponding synced audio file plays automatically when playing the video.

But not in the Edit tab.

Thanks,
Benjamin

(in DaVinci 12.1)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]