FORUMS: list search recent posts

r3d footage Premiere to Davinci (punched in footage)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Di Lin
r3d footage Premiere to Davinci (punched in footage)
on Aug 18, 2014 at 8:07:13 am

This should be discussed somewhere before, but I can't seem to find the answer. Could someone point me to the right place or give me some quick advise?

I shot a MV with RED and it involves heavily with dance sequences. The footage is edited in Premiere CS6 without transcoding.

During the edit, I need to punch in in various cuts. I understand that Davinci doesn't decode XML or EDL well enough to the punched in footage. I tried importing the sequence to Davinci, the punched in footage is off axis.

What would be the best and most efficient work around? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: r3d footage Premiere to Davinci (punched in footage)
on Aug 21, 2014 at 4:25:07 am

Resolve reads image repos from Premiere just fine. More than likely your issue is that your Resolve and Premiere project settings regarding scaling source files into sequence timeline resolutions are not consistent. Very important that you aspect ratios between both systems stay consistent.

Since you are working from R3D files in Premiere I would make sure your sequence setting resolution is set to what you will have in Resolve. Premiere also is limited to scaling to fit option whereas Resolve can scale/fit as well as scale/crop. Make sure you have scale to sequence frame size selected in Premiere and then scale/fit for Resolve.

Do these things right and repos come across fine with an XML.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]