FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 10.1.5 automatically generates .fcpxml instead of .xml

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jingyang Cheng
Resolve 10.1.5 automatically generates .fcpxml instead of .xml
on Aug 9, 2014 at 2:19:38 pm

I'm doing a short film and was editing on Premiere CC. After I picture-locked, I sent an .xml to Resolve 10 Lite and everything worked fine. I did all my color grading. But then after I was done with coloring, I wanted to export the colored footage back into premiere's timeline. I did a lot of research and looked at a lot of tutorials and I followed all the instructions choosing the Final Cup Pro roundtrip setting in deliver and creating separate source files and unique file names.

But then the weird thing happens. Every time I export the footage, Resolve automatically generates a .fcpxml file, which Premiere CC cannot open. All the online tutorials say that it should create a .xml file instead. So does anyone know why it's doing that?

Also, I tried exporting a .xml file manually after the export, but when I import that into premiere, it references my original uncolored footage rather than the colored footage.

I looked everywhere and couldn't find the answer and it's driving me nuts. Please help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]