FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emulate Schneider Classic Soft filter

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
monica rubio
Emulate Schneider Classic Soft filter
on Aug 9, 2014 at 6:46:06 am

I am going to be grading a film shot on Arri Alexa. The film has a number of VFX shots which will be composited in Nuke. The DoP is using the Schneider Classic Soft Filter. The VFX Supervisor has asked that no VFX plates be shot with the filter as she feels it will make tracking more difficult.

Has anyone encountered this issue, matching shots with and without a soft filter.

What is the best way to replicate the soft filter for the VFX shots once they have been completed and we are in the grade.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas. I will be grading in Davinci.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Joakim Ziegler
Re: Emulate Schneider Classic Soft filter
on Aug 18, 2014 at 10:04:35 pm

My first option would be to ask the VFX people to match it as part of their compositing. They have better tools to do it then you will have in Resolve, and if they requested the filter not be used on VFX shots, it's kind of their responsibility to match the VFX shots to the rest of the material.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Postproduction Supervisor

Return to posts index

monica rubio
on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:24:24 pm

Thank you very much. We have decided to add the filter in VFX stage. You are absolutely right, it is their job. M

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:43:31 am

They're idiots. Only a very, very (outrageously) strong filter would affect tracking - maybe compositing, MAYBE, but not tracking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]