FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does FCPX 10.1.2 XML export into Resolve 11 beta 2 work for complex projects?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
Does FCPX 10.1.2 XML export into Resolve 11 beta 2 work for complex projects?
on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:23:17 pm
Last Edited By jim bachalo on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:24:30 pm

Spent a frustrating entire day trying to get XML from FCPX 10.1.2 project to successfully import into Resolve 11 beta 2 lite. My project is a 7 minute short film, not overly complex but with quite a few Compound Clips, some of them nested, and 4K source footage (from a 1DC).

I spent 2-3 hours simplifying my FCPX project, deleting disabled audio tracks, and consolidating into a single timeline when possible.

For half a day I troubleshooted crashing of Resolve immediately upon import of XML. Thru trial and error isolated just 1 clip that was causing the issue. Fine. Then I was able to import the XML, but only roughly 70% of my FCPX project came in. Makes me want to revert to my old PPro-AE workflow.... really hope this improves once Resolve gets out of beta, but for now I am forced to either colour correct in FCPX or, somehow get my project back into PPro....ouch! I need to deliver this project and will probably be up all night now colour correcting

I love the promise and power of Resolve, and its amazing interface, but right now at least FCPX into Resolve just isn't a robust solution...for me at least. If anyone has some tips on massaging my XML so that this process actually works, please pass them along!

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
Re: Does FCPX 10.1.2 XML export into Resolve 11 beta 2 work for complex projects?
on Jul 28, 2014 at 2:08:49 pm

From my above post you might guess my frustration. Not (quite) giving up yet. Will try as a last resort breaking up every single compound clip and flattening to the main storyline before exporting XML. Will mean several additional hours of reapplying effects, but, really determined to make this work.

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]