Cubix/Titans crashing Adobe CC

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Travers
Cubix/Titans crashing Adobe CC
on Jul 25, 2014 at 11:37:52 am
Last Edited By Colin Travers on Jul 25, 2014 at 11:39:28 am

Hey Cow friends,

For some time now I have had an issue with Adobe CC apps (Premiere & Speedgrade) crashing on launch when I have the Cubix plugged in. (System Specs Below)

A while back I contacted adobe and they said that indeed I cannot have the cubix plugged in w/ Titans if I want to launch Premiere and other CC apps, hoping people have found otherwise. I have done a clean install of 10.8.5 recently as well while cleaning out some Resolve cobwebs, but this did not change the issue. I am avoiding Mavericks for now because of the gpu card restrictions...Yosemite beta testers hopefully will have some good news, but not holding my breath on that one! Also avoiding Desktop 10.x because of the issues I am hearing from colleagues as well as my own experience with it crashing Resolve and making FCP7 inoperable. As we all migrate to R11, I'll be curious to see where the mac os environment is heading for users.

I was also just thinking to move the 4th Titan into my MacPro replacing the current gui card (in order to get back the 4th Titan w/ gui/gpu option while moving my raid card from the x4 top slot of the tower into a x16 lane in the cubix for optimal read/write speeds. I just need to find an external power unit - if anyone has powered a Titan like this in a MacPro I would be curious to get a recommend on which unit to buy and how best to set this up. I see after doing a few searches here and other forums, that others are recommending the BoosterX5 unit but it seems like a short bulky cord to try to thread out of the box. Anyone have pictures to share of this type of system or any helpful info on the adobe issue above?

Thank you

Current System:
- MacPro 5,1 (3.33GHz 12-core) / 48GB RAM / 8TB RAID-0 (Internal Cache & Resolve database)
- OSX 10.8.5 (SSD in 2nd optical bay)
- Resolve V10.1.5
- Cuda Driver Version: 6.0.54
- GPU Driver Version: (313.01.04f01) (Web Driver)
- Decklink Driver 9.7.7
PCIE Scenario:
Slot 4: RAID card
Slot 3: Decklink Extreme3D
Slot 2: Cubix Desktop Elite x4 GTX Titans
Slot 1: 5803GB GUI only

Return to posts index

Eric Fiegehen
Re: Cubix/Titans crashing Adobe CC
on Aug 7, 2014 at 9:45:34 pm

Hi Colin,

If you haven't yet done so, you need to contact Mic Grover, Cubix Technical Support Manager (micg@cubix.com). There seems to be some issue which is neither Cubix or NVIDIA-related, but there are some things you can do to stabilize the system.

Eric Fiegehen
Director, Visualization & GPU Compute Solutions
Cubix Corporation
ericc@cubix.com
http://www.cubix.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]