FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long delays importing AAF from Media Composer

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Raftery
Long delays importing AAF from Media Composer
on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:42:54 am
Last Edited By Dave Raftery on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:43:38 am

I'm exporting an AAF from Media Composer using these settings.

I open Resolve (10.1 Lite) and import the AAF, with these settings.

Resolve then sits there, unresponsive (spinning beach ball) for anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes (or until I give up, export a flat file and run scene detection to split it up).

Any clue where I could look to try to fix this problem? Or, am I simply moving between Avid and Resolve entirely incorrectly?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Long delays importing AAF from Media Composer
on Jul 22, 2014 at 2:40:34 pm

without knowing
A) how much media you are trying to import
B) how much media you have given Resolve access to through your preferences pane
C) how fast your drives are that contain the media

I would guess the the answer to 1, if not all 3 of these questions is "too much" or "very slow" in the case of the drive speed.

When you tell Resolve to search for media, and offer it up all sorts of media to search through, than that's what its going to do.

I find it much better to turn off that check box, load the media you know Resolve is going to need to work with the AAF, and then import the AAF. This way you are only scanning the media you need, from the drive you want it to scan.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Dave Raftery
Re: Long delays importing AAF from Media Composer
on Jul 24, 2014 at 2:45:56 am

Thanks for the reply.

I would guess that is indeed my problem. I'm not asking it to load too much media, and the drive is fast enough, but I am typically asking it to sift through my entire Avid MediaFiles folder.

To test I used Media Mover to shift everything but this project offline, and it is loading the sequences much quicker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]