FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve 10.1.1.008 renders sequnce darker than the image on the timeline

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat Wintersgill
Davinci Resolve 10.1.1.008 renders sequnce darker than the image on the timeline
on Jul 18, 2014 at 3:53:11 pm

Hi folks,

I've noticed a strange problem with my Davinci Resolve. When rendering out my timeline, the resulting file is slightly crushed in the shadows. Not by much but it is noticeable in darker scenes as image detail is being lost.

I've tested it and it's not a scaling issue. I'm rendering full range data. Rendering scaled video instead makes it look far too low contrast. The problem is more subtle than a scaling issue, as most of the shots look fine (mid tones and highs are all right). It's just the very darkest parts of the image getting crushed.

I've brought my rendered shots back in and compared them with the shots on the timeline. The Ultrascope confirms that the rendered out file is indeed darker than the timeline file.

I've tested this with various quicktime codecs, and also a DPX sequence, and it's the same every time.

I've never had this problem before - has anyone else? Any input gratefully received!

Best,

Pat Wintersgill
Colourist / Head of Picture
Creativity Media
http://www.creativitymedia.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]