FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media managing with FCPX 10.1.2 and color correcting in Resolve 11.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ford
Media managing with FCPX 10.1.2 and color correcting in Resolve 11.
on Jul 14, 2014 at 12:04:49 am
Last Edited By Charles Ford on Jul 14, 2014 at 12:06:15 am

I’ve been importing H.264 from my Canon 5D to a folder on my hard drive. I convert the files to ProRes using Streamclip. I then time code the ProRes using QTchange. I import the ProRes to FCPX and make my edits. After editing I send the XML to Resolve and make color corrections. Since I’ve never been able to figure out how to get Resolve to automatically import the used files, I import all the files into the Resolve media pool myself and uncheck the auto import option. After I make all my color corrections in Resolve I then round trip the color corrected timeline back to FCPX and then output the finished video. I was looking into having FCPX 10.1.2 media manage everything, but I can’t figure out how to make it work. When the H.264 files are sent to the Library, where they reside in a bundle, Resolve can’t see them in order to put them into the media pool. Is there a workflow for H.264 files shot on a SLR thats media managed by FCPX 10.1.2, and color corrected in Resolve? Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
Re: Media managing with FCPX 10.1.2 and color correcting in Resolve 11.
on Jul 14, 2014 at 6:12:32 am

In FCPX you can store your media outside of your bundle. This is even easier to deal with in 10.1.2 where if you select your library you can change the default location where FCPX stores that libraries media. This should help with working with other applications.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]