FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beginner dealing with importing RAW

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natalie Wilkinson
Beginner dealing with importing RAW
on Jul 13, 2014 at 2:31:59 am

I took pictures in RAW this weekend with my T2i and uploaded them to my computer. They came in as IMG, Davinci and Premiere cannot see the files. `What should I convert them to that will not compress them so that I can color correct them in Davinci? I have been searching for the answer on the internet and cannot find it.
Your help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Beginner dealing with importing RAW
on Jul 13, 2014 at 5:12:32 am

If you took still pictures in RAW format you'll need to use a program like Photoshop, Lightroom, or Aperture to process those.

Resolve is for video color correction. If you took video, you'll need to provide the forum with more information for help. System specs, video format, storage device, Resolve version, etc.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Natalie Wilkinson
on Jul 13, 2014 at 6:05:36 am

I normally shoot video so I am not used to the picture post work flow. If I upload them into photo shop can I export them in a format that I will be able to manipulate as RAW in Davinci? I am working with photos I took for a time laps so ultimately I want to import the photos into Premiere, put them into a sequence, and export them as some sort of RAW file so I can color correct.

The problems seems to be my lack of understanding for file formats and not my computers capability but I put the specs below. Don't laugh, but I am not sure what is expected when posting specs so . . .

Specs- Lenovo Idea Pad y510p, Windows 8, 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M GDDR5 2GB graphics card

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Jul 13, 2014 at 1:14:38 pm

Convert it to a DNG.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]