FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roundtrip DaVinci Resolve XML to FCP 7

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nardo Gece
Roundtrip DaVinci Resolve XML to FCP 7
on Jul 9, 2014 at 6:39:27 pm

Ok, so I got an xml file from my color corrector and have no problem loading it into the FCP 7 timeline, however, when the xml loads, NONE of the clips are color corrected, they look just like the original file I sent the color corrector. Anyone know if there's a setting in FCP that's "blocking" the color correction from being loaded onto the timeline? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Nardo

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
Re: Roundtrip DaVinci Resolve XML to FCP 7
on Jul 10, 2014 at 4:11:35 pm

Do you have the rendered media from Resolve to link to? Did they create a new XML from Resolve? Maybe they sent you the wrong XML file.

Return to posts index

Nardo Gece
on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:29:01 pm

Actually I solved that part, apparently the xml was pointing to the color corrector's drive, so we opened it in text edit and changed the address of where the fcp should look for the files, so instead of looking for them in the color corrector's drive, it now looks for them in my drive. So that issue was solved.

Now I have another problem though... Before sending the xml, I added 48 handles to all the clips. I assumed that after getting the color corrected timeline, I'd be able to just remove the 48 frames and have the timeline as it was before color correction. However, the clips shifted somehow because after removing the 48 frame handles and comparing the time codes, I can see that some clips are off (timecode wise). Removing the 48 handles did not result in exactly the timeline I had before adding the handles. So now I'm manually looking at the time codes of my picture lock version (the one i had before adding the handles) and adjusting the clips to those. I've about 350 clips on the timeline so needless to say... this will take long...

Return to posts index

Diksha Sharma
on Aug 29, 2016 at 8:28:02 am

Hi
So I am about to start a project on FCP7 that will eventually end up in Resolve.
I want to get things right, right in the beginning and make things less miserable for the grader and myself so looking for some help.
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

So inorder to make a clean shift from fcp to resolve i have read that all files should have unique file names. My problem is (like in all my previous projects) each day/card has the file names starting from 001. Which would mean multiple 001's considering its been shot over 20 days and many cards. I am very wary of touching the original file names and don't think thats the right way to go about. Any suggestions?
Is there anything else i should check before i start to the fcp project to be in good shape to finish in resolve?
Thanks again everyone, last time after a very helpful response from Shane Ross i couldn't thank him... so doing it in advance to whoever replies!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]