FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the master timline? Will I regret not having it?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Ahston
What is the master timline? Will I regret not having it?
on Jul 4, 2014 at 12:56:29 pm

I deleted the master timeline –the timeline that assembled itself after I loaded the media.

Is there anything special about the master timeline or is it just a normal timeline that is called "master". Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
Re: What is the master timline? Will I regret not having it?
on Jul 7, 2014 at 2:45:52 pm

Hi Andreas,

The master timeline is a timeline Resolve creates (if you have it set to in the project settings) which contains one instance of each clip in the media pool - the whole clip, first frame to last. It's helpful to have in many situations, a couple examples would be if you wanted to create an XML of everything used in the project (for media managing) or if you decided you needed to render out an entire take (as a VFX Pull or something). Since it updates as you add to the media pool (at least that's the default behavior) you can count on it to be up-to-date while you work.

If you are using local grades as you color the edit, you won't be able to take advantage of this last one, but with remote grades grades are shared between the timelines, so if you needed to do something that involved the whole clip (like do a keyframe across an entire take, but that take has been cut up into very short cuts) you could use the master timeline to work on that remote grade outside the context of the edit...

But if you don't need to do that stuff, or are using local grades anyway, it shouldn't be an issue...

Cheers,

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]