FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve changing names of my clips?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Ged Low
Resolve changing names of my clips?
on Jul 2, 2014 at 9:01:00 pm

I'm pulling .mxf files from a Sony F55 into Resolve to convert to ProRes. Resolve sees and imports the .mxf files just fine. When I try to batch export them out as ProRes files ... I find the names of the clips have been changed. The originals are a series of numbers. And the new ProRes clips are a series of DIFFERENT numbers.

Ultimately I want to create a set of HD ProRes proxy files to work with, and then be able to relink to the 'master' 4K ProRes files.

And with a record of where the original .mxf files can be found - thus the same name for a clip all the way through.

I'm new to Resolve - why would Resolve be changing the clip names? And what can I click to be able to keep the same name as is on the .mxf file?

All ears...

Ben

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Resolve changing names of my clips?
on Jul 3, 2014 at 3:01:03 pm

The manual deals with naming conventions in the Delivery chapter. There are a lot of options, including a dailies flow that accounts for exactly your intended workflow.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Ben Ged Low
on Jul 3, 2014 at 3:44:54 pm

Thank you JP,

I just bumped up to Resolve 11 ... and there is now a choice on export, whether or not to keep the original name. Very simple. Wonderful app.

I'm going to buy the pro version today. Perfect for this office here, as they are now making IMAX flicks with 4K. Strange as it may seem. They've had 30 years of dragging around that big monster camera, in all its variations; the director has a grin on his face these days. He can't believe how much fun filmmaking suddenly is. (Those IMAX shoots, one was lucky to get a half dozen shots in a day.)

Much appreciated,

Ben

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jul 3, 2014 at 5:15:53 pm

[Ben Ged Low] "(Those IMAX shoots, one was lucky to get a half dozen shots in a day.)"

RELOAD. Probably the most-used word on the set.

Thinking about "Super Speedway", "Titanic", the surf movie... "Utimate Wave", there was one shot off Hawaii showing the big waves that required a jet-ski tow... I did some 16mm dailies for that one... more like the "making of..." b-roll and views from the helicopters. Pretty spiffy.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Ben Ged Low
on Jul 3, 2014 at 6:47:35 pm

Hey Joseph,

Those are my brother's films. The very fellow I'm trying to help into the digital, edit-it-on-your-laptop, world. So you REALLY know what I'm talking about: the three shots a day syndrome. Steve has a permanent grin on his face these days.

All the best,

B

The jet ski stuff was amazing. I never saw the finished film, only some of the rushes. Looked like a fun (wet) shoot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]