FORUMS: list search recent posts

ML RAW Workflow - Problems Rendering Desired Frame Rate

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Angle
ML RAW Workflow - Problems Rendering Desired Frame Rate
on Jul 1, 2014 at 5:34:00 pm

I'm trying to iron our a post workflow for a short film shooting 5D3 Magic Lantern RAW but run into problems exporting proxies from Davinci Resolve Lite.

I am trying to create 23.976 Apple ProRes Proxys.

I am following this tutorial. However when I make it to the DELIVER tab and create an export I continually end up with footage that is 59.95fps. Here is what I'm doing:

Shoot clips on 5DMKIII, ML RAW, 1920x1080, 24 ALL-I.

Copy RAW files to external HD. Create CinemaDNG from RAWs using RAW Magic Lite.

On to Davinci Resolve Lite; create a new project,making sure it is 23.976fps before importing media into the pool.

I import my footage into the media pool and encounter my first divergence from the tutorial; a prompt tells me that the "selected clip(s) have a different frame rate from the project settings." I chose "Don't Change" (though I have tried selecting change with no different results!)

Regardless I make a new timeline in the EDIT tab where I place my clips. I adjust the clip settings, move over to the DELIVERY tab and follow the tutorial as best I can.

I have attached screen shots of my settings. For whatever reason I always end up with a ProRes clip that is 59.976fps.

Help thanks!!

-Drew

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
Re: ML RAW Workflow - Problems Rendering Desired Frame Rate
on Jul 1, 2014 at 10:44:15 pm

what is the footage fps in the media pool, try to change the frame rate of DNG sequence there in the "clip attribute".

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Drew Angle
on Jul 2, 2014 at 1:53:18 pm

Thank you!

That was exactly the issue. Since it's just a sequence of stills Davinci was interpreting it at 59.97. I simply placed the "clip" into the media pool, right-clicked and selected the Clip info.

Wonder if there is a way to have Davinci default to 23.976fps for DNG sequences?

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
on Jul 2, 2014 at 10:39:56 pm

you're welcome! I honestly do not know if it is possible to set-up Davinci default to 23.976fps for DNG sequences, but you can select more than one sequence and modify at once.

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]