FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change Source folder for a folder

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cook
Change Source folder for a folder
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:33:11 pm

I’ve got a project that I need to relink the media. The volume name has changed but the RED RDM folder structure is intact. When I originally conformed, I kept the folder structure in my media pool.

Is there a way to change the parent source folder, without having change the source folder for each clip individually?
Ideally, is there a function that can search for and reconnect media?

Steve Cook
NIFCO Colourist

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Change Source folder for a folder
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:42:26 pm

no search, but there is the change source folder function which will work on multiple folders with a relative point in the structure.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Rita Lamas
Re: Change Source folder for a folder
on Mar 23, 2015 at 7:05:44 pm

Hi, I'm having a similar trouble.
I'm doing rework on a project which has previously been conformed and graded by the director, who now asked me to improve on his grade.
He's asking I use the same project as him, and work from his grades, in order to not loose a couple of stuff he did.

The problem is, since the media is now stored on another hard-drive, all his media is offline. The project was shot on Red, so it has the basic Red file structure. However, the file path is a bit different than when he conformed.
When I try to select multiple clips and change the source folder, Resolve can't do anything with this, I suspect because the file-path is different.

The work-around I got so far, is to import all the media again using this file-path, and force-conforming the clips in the timeline to those on the media pool, searching by name. However this is deeply time consuming and the project has 55 min (lots of shots).

Is there any way I can do this process in a more efficient manner? Is there any way I can relink all the media that I'm not aware of?

I'm a bit desperate taking into account there's very little time to grade the project, and I'm wasting a huge amount of energy on this.

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]