Need help with importing .mts files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muaz Nikolic
Need help with importing .mts files
on Jun 23, 2014 at 1:55:27 pm
Last Edited By Muaz Nikolic on Jun 24, 2014 at 10:35:51 am

Hello,

First of all I would like to say that I am new with DaVinci Resolve and I am trying to import some video files but I am not able to see them in Resolve.

So, I have a few .MTS files that I am trying to edit in Resolve but as I have read here at the forum and also on the official site these files are not supported by DaVinci Resolve 10. After thoroughly research I have found on this link

howgreenisyourgarden.wordpress.com 2013 11 16 sony-alpha-video-part-2-avchd

under the section Avoid AVCHD compatibility problems that the solution is to wrapp /transfer files using FFmpeg and SmartFFmpeg into quicktime/.mov files and that after that I will be able to use these files in DaVinci Resolve. So I did that but the result is the same. I cannot see these files in DaVinci.
My question is what should I do next and where is the problem? Do I need first to set some particularly settings in my project in order to see these files or what should I do? I realy hope that someone will help me about this. Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Kerin Sharma
Re: importing .mts files
on Jun 26, 2014 at 6:53:38 pm

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. It was actually the quicktime decoder failing. re-installing resolve and updating my quick time player solved the issue.

if not try downloading the ffmpeg folder again

please let me know if this solves the problem or not.

thanks

Kerin Sharma
Colorist|Color Grader
Web: http://www.sharmakeirn.com
Email: sharmakerin@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]