FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve Live Workflow Question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Perrin
Resolve Live Workflow Question
on Jun 18, 2014 at 5:22:17 pm

I am using Resolve 10 for on set color/DIT and recently had a DP want to color a live feed from camera at the start of each new setup and save that look to apply to the footage once I received the data cards. I was able to color grade the live image, however I could only see the change on my GUI monitor and not on my calibrated Flanders color grading monitor. I could only see the un-graded live image. What is the point of having a LIVE feature if you can't set the look on your main monitor? Obviously my Blackmagic card is receiving the HD SDI input and it is also sending an image back out to my HD SDI monitor, but why isn't the color correction or LUT I'm applying in Resolve being seen on the Flanders?

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Resolve Live Workflow Question
on Jun 18, 2014 at 5:35:10 pm

If you wish to see the Livegrade correction on the video display, you need to have appropriate hardware, setup appropriately.

If you are using an UltraStudio 4K or DeckLink 4K Extreme card, you can use that for simultaneous Livegrade capture and graded output. For that to work, you must be using Desktop Video 10 or higher, and a current Resolve version.

If you don't have one of the 2 devices above, you can use 2 BMD I/O devices and configure one for "Resolve Live" and one for "capture and playback". The device configured for "Resolve Live" is where the live feed into Resolve would go. The device configured for "capture and playback" is where your video display would connect.

Whichever way you go, make sure the device(s) are configured properly in the Resolve Preferences / Video I/O and GPU section.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Matt Perrin
on Jun 18, 2014 at 5:52:32 pm

Thanks Dwaine, that's what I figured. I was hoping not to have to take up yet another slot for another i/o device.

Return to posts index

Matt Perrin
on Jun 18, 2014 at 10:35:21 pm

I have the Decklink HD Extreme card, so I would either need to upgrade to the 4K card or add another HD card correct?

Return to posts index

Matt Perrin
on Aug 26, 2014 at 5:25:52 pm

Hey Dwaine, I have the Decklink HD Extreme card, could I replace that with the Decklink Duo to achieve Resolve Live signal on my Grading monitor?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]