XML mixed formats
on Jun 12, 2014 at 3:27:25 pm

Hello,

I have an XML file with a timeline that has mixed formats mainly:

1. EXCAM 1920x1080 23.98
2. HVX200 1280x1080
3. Gopro 1920x1080
4. Dslr clips

No Matter what settings I pick on Resolve I cant get a timeline correctly imported. I either get squeezed footage or cropped or black bars etc. I never had to deal with mixed file formats. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: XML mixed formats
on Jun 13, 2014 at 5:40:58 pm

I thought DaVinci didn't support RAW Sony EX cam or P2 footage? Did you convert them to some other codec? This is why I have found it is easier to edit the RAW footage and then export out a clip of the full edited piece and then do the auto scene detection. DaVinci does an amazing job.

To change a clips aspect ratio you can Right click on the clip in the EDIT window. Choose Clip Attributes in the drop down menu and change the Pixel Aspect Ratio. You'll probably want DVCPRO HD. However I have had trouble with P2 footage shot at 1888 x 1062 which is why I prefer to just export out my completed video and do the scene detection. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: XML mixed formats
on Jun 14, 2014 at 4:01:34 am

If the end result is all 1920x1080 HD, then I'd convert all the clips in advance to a common format like ProRes 422 HQ -- I'm not sure 444 will buy you anything for 8-bit material like this -- and then bring the ProRes copies into daVinci Resolve. Mixing weird camera formats on the same timeline is theoretically possible, but fraught with problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]