FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phantom Miro - White dots in packed .cine-files (Adobe CC & DaVinci Resolve + OSX Maverick)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Torsten Schimmer
Phantom Miro - White dots in packed .cine-files (Adobe CC & DaVinci Resolve + OSX Maverick)
on Jun 12, 2014 at 3:05:10 pm

Hi there,

I have problem with my Miro .cine-files. After upgrading my operating system to MAC OSX 10.9 (Maverick) I found strange dots on the right side of the frame in my footage shot with the Phantom Miro 320LC.

I first thought it might be a bad pixel on the camera but then checked older footage of the same camera that was already edited and working perfectly fine. Even those .cine-files now have those dots in Premiere CC, Speedgrade & Davinci Resolve 10 Lite (FreeVersion). I also own the GlueTools Plugin for the .cine codec and if I load the files into AfterEffects the dots are NOT there.

Another work-around is to load the .cine-files in the PCC-Software and safe them as "unpacked" .cine-files. The dots are gone in all programs mentioned above. The only program that interprets the footage correctly is Davinci - all other programs show the file approx. 2 stops darker and have a overall green tint to it.

Have you encountered the same problems? Did you find a solution beside downgrading OSX to something like 10.6.?

As a reference I uploaded 3 files into my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aukk8hj8xjhkp1r/AACd5LwaanRKj4xhF1SHPrSla
1. file: c_15153_187_ORG.cine --> original .cine file from Miro
2. file: miro_test_unpacked.cine --> original .cine file converted with PCC-Software and safed "unpacked"
3. flie: miro_test_packed.cine --> original .cine file converted with PCC-Software and safed "packed"

I'm working as a Highspeed-Operator, the post is normally done somewhere else and the systems vary from MAC to PC with Adobe, Avid or ...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
cheers
torsten

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]