FORUMS: list search recent posts

Power Window softness keyframable by dragging points?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Powers
Power Window softness keyframable by dragging points?
on Jun 9, 2014 at 11:10:08 pm

So I want to keyframe the position of inside vs outside. for example drag only the pink softness points to a new position. Often need to color scenes that need a lot of softness on the left and almost none on the right of a custom power window. What I want to do is to adjust softness gradient similar to masking in Smoke.

Dan Powers
P3 Media
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Power Window softness keyframable by dragging points?
on Jun 10, 2014 at 12:48:38 pm

If i remember correctly this is not possible for now.

Maybe in future releases.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 10, OSX 10.8.5
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GUI 4000 / GPU GTX 780
DL 4K
Eizo Color
Scope Box
Full Ligthspace CMS

Return to posts index

brandon thomas
on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:11:17 pm

Should be possible with the Power Curve. Set a dynamic for the shape and continue to keyframe from there. You don't get a keyframe for each individual point, obviously, but you should be able to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Jun 10, 2014 at 3:13:07 pm

Cant have a hard edge on one side of a Power Curve and a soft edge on the other.
I had to stack another node to soften up one side.

Dan Powers
P3 Media
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Jun 10, 2014 at 5:01:47 pm

Wait I found you can adjust the softness points individually , but only if zoomed to a certain level on the viewer. If the points are too close together it groups them all. CTRL + several times and you can grab the points individually. That is what I was looking for. Now if I could just pan the viewer window to see the points that are outside the zoomed region.

Dan Powers
P3 Media
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 11, 2014 at 12:33:53 am

[Dan Powers] "Now if I could just pan the viewer window to see the points that are outside the zoomed region."
Center click + scroll wheel will zoom out the Viewer and let you see beyond the edges of the frame. Is this what you're talking about?

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Jun 11, 2014 at 4:28:27 am

Hold the middle mouse button to pan the image around the viewer.

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Jun 11, 2014 at 4:03:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback! My Kensington Expert Mouse Pro Trackball doesnt have a middle button, but I did find that pressing down on the scroll wheel and moving the trackball will reposition the zoomed in viewer.
Loving Resolve 10! As a near life long on-line guy and someone who used DaVinci with Ursa some 20 years ago, it was an absolute pleasure to revisit DaVince.

Dan Powers
P3 Media
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 12, 2014 at 2:36:48 am

[Dan Powers] "My Kensington Expert Mouse Pro Trackball doesnt have a middle button, but I did find that pressing down on the scroll wheel and moving the trackball will reposition the zoomed in viewer."
I love the Expert Mouse and used it for many, many years, but I reverted to a simple 3-button Kensington wired optical mouse especially for Resolve. No muss, no fuss.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]