FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlacing Issue

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reuben Fink
Interlacing Issue
on Jun 3, 2014 at 10:58:27 pm

I just received a FCP XML from a client working in FCPX. All footage is XDCAM 1080i60 footage. The majority of the clips were slowed down 50% in FCP. Everything imported fine and the timeline lined up with the offline reference clip. The problem is the interlacing is very visible while editing and coloring. It also shows up baked into the footage when output as a final movie and brought back into FCP or even just opened in quicktime. When played out to a preview monitor it appears to have ghosted frames. Not sure what's going on here. This is my first interlaced project I have had to work on in Resolve. So perhaps I'm missing a step. Any thoughts?

OSX 10.8.5
Equipment: 2.8 ghz 8 core Intal Mac Pro 3,1 Early 2008, 20 gig of ram
Aps: Adobe CC , FCP Suite, Avid Media Composer

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Interlacing Issue
on Jun 4, 2014 at 5:01:48 pm

enabled interlacing on export?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Reuben Fink
on Jun 5, 2014 at 1:31:15 am

Do you mean by turning field rendering on? I did a test with it both on and off. Both results were bad. I am definitely getting interlaced footage on the output but somehow the interlacing seems to be baked in. All the footage that was slowed 50% strobes pretty bad. I made sure all the settings were correct in Davinci when the project began. If I get time I'll upload a test clip tomorrow to show what I mean. If I'm wrong about the field rendering button then please let me know if there's another way to turn on interlacing on the output.

Thanks.

OSX 10.8.5

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Jun 5, 2014 at 10:57:11 am

Two option :

1.Your project settings are wrong
2.You encountered another not supported video format, like I did with PAL DV which does not work in Resolve.

The video will not be interpreted with its accurate number of video lines but instead will be mapped to full PAL resolution.
Can you upload a short clip to WeTransfer.com ?
We can have a look then.
Do the same with your project file please.

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.1.4 - Smoke 2015
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 5, 2014 at 4:32:29 pm

[Sascha Haber] "2.You encountered another not supported video format"

Or a questionable implementation of a format. I do see "interlacing" sometimes on media that is supposedly progressive, but in fact is PsF, and the segmentation is wrong.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Reuben Fink
on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:57:16 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I got pushed onto another project so haven't had time to upload an example but I will very soon. Stay tuned.

OSX 10.8.5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]