FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio is assigned channels in Dailies workflow, and I don't want that....

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin McGuire
Audio is assigned channels in Dailies workflow, and I don't want that....
on Jun 3, 2014 at 5:55:26 pm

I'm about to do dailies and export media to an editor for a film from Alexa media. When I add the audio, and it is 6 channel audio, Resolve 10.4 adds Channel assignments to it thinking it is 5.1 audio, and even when it is in the timeline in Resolve, it puts it in a 5.1 track. It is not a problem for Final Cut 7, as it always ignores those anyway. But with premiere CC does use them, and if the editor is editing with premiere, that is a problem. I have been looking for a quicktime program or script to fix it, but I havent found one. Has anyone else found a solution to this?

-- Benjamin

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Audio is assigned channels in Dailies workflow, and I don't want that....
on Jun 4, 2014 at 1:42:35 pm

I went through this a couple of months ago...All I could figure out was to manually change each clip.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Benjamin McGuire
Re: Audio is assigned channels in Dailies workflow, and I don't want that....
on Jun 4, 2014 at 4:22:18 pm

Well, I came up with a solution. It isn't the most elegant...

For this to work, I have to preserve 1 source level in Resolve, Which I do anyway. It also requires FFMPEG. I use the latest one from macports. (sudo port install ffmpeg-devel)

In my folder naming, I put all my Original footage in a folder called Original, then I have a folder for the Editor, and another for Dailies... So I made a script that will use FFMPEG to copy all the video and audio to a new quicktime, then replace the source quicktime it used if it was successful.

here is the script:
#!/bin/sh
if echo "$@" | grep -q Original ; then
echo "This is the Source media. Please use the proccessed media..."
exit 1
fi

for h in "$@"; do
if [ -d "$h" ]; then
for i in "$h"/*.mov; do
ffmpeg -i "$i" -map 0 -map -0:d -c copy -channel_layout mono -movflags +faststart "${i%.*}---.mov" && mv "$i" "${i%.*}-org.mov" && mv "${i%.*}---.mov" "$i" && rm "${i%.*}-org.mov"
done
fi
i="$h"
if [ "$i" = "${i%.*}.mov" ]; then
ffmpeg -i "$i" -map 0 -map -0:d -c copy -channel_layout mono -movflags +faststart "${i%.*}---.mov" && mv "$i" "${i%.*}-org.mov" && mv "${i%.*}---.mov" "$i" && rm "${i%.*}-org.mov"
else
echo "$i is not a Quicktime file. Skipping."
fi
done

If you done want it to delete the source file, then remove && rm "${i%.*}-org.mov"

I saved it to ~/bin/fixaud. Then did a chmod +x ~/bin/fixaud.

So all I do is open a terminal, type ~/bin/fixaud then I drag the folders I want it to fix the audio on, and press return.

The bad part is that the Reelname gets stripped.. For that I use a program called QT Change. It is $25, but has a demo that you can do 8 files at a time. It is well worth the $25 to have it add the reel names based on the folder it is in for all the files.

I guess this will be my workflow, unless someone can come up with something better...

-- Benjamin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]