FORUMS: list search recent posts

xml output

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Coombes
xml output
on May 28, 2014 at 7:21:24 am

I am rendering a resolve 10 project back to "final cut pro XML round trip" and it keeps outputting a .fcpxml file, not a .xml file which I can't seem to read back into final cut pro 7. Any ideas why?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: xml output
on May 28, 2014 at 3:25:56 pm

You're exporting an FCP-Ten (X) XML.

It should be exporting a: YourProject Name (Resolve).xml file which is 7 compatible. Don't know at this point whether you are round tripping or pushing a timeline created in Resolve Ten.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Sarah Jones
Re: xml output
on May 28, 2014 at 6:56:58 pm

When you choose one of the "Final Cut Pro" Easy Setups in the current Resolve 10, the resulting XML will be a .fcpxml used in FCP X. You can achieve a .xml file by choosing "None" in your Easy Setups and manually selecting your desired Output options. After the render finishes, navigate to the Edit page and choose File > Export AAF/XML. This will open a dialog where you can choose your file name and location and also choose the type of file you wish to export. The current options as of this post include: *.aaf, *.xml, *.fcpxml (1.2), *.fcpxml (1.3), and *.edl.

This is also discussed in the current Resolve manual in Chapter 11 "Exporting Timelines to Other Applications."

Regards,

Sarah
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]