FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
richard emerson
DaVinci Resolve
on May 24, 2014 at 12:57:47 pm

Hi, I have down REZ'd footage shot on Black Magic and editing in FCP7 to then re-connect to the original files back in resolve..My question is what about all the sound I add in FCP? the same files are in resolve but i haven't linked them to the footage in resolve.

Im now worried as to what i should do?...I can't do a test as Resolve is at Uni, Im editing at home..

Obviously I export as XML but then would I have to deliver out of Resolve and back into FCP to drop the Video over the sound??

Help appreciated...

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
Re: DaVinci Resolve
on May 25, 2014 at 6:51:22 am

It depends. Are you having the audio mixed? If your planing on finishing in resolve you can just drop the final mix on your timeline. If not, then render your clips from Resolve as either a flat file or use XML round trip and over cut the clips onto your timeline in final cut. Should be pretty straight forward.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

richard emerson
on May 25, 2014 at 8:07:15 pm

I did a delivery in resolve to lower the REZ via XML to edit in FCP, im editing and adding the sound, but when i go back to resolve to re-connect to high REZ im wondering about all the edited sound now..?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on May 28, 2014 at 9:35:23 am

LIke Jordan says you can "send" just the final mix to resolve if you would like
to master like that.

Done that many times.

Or if you would want to master from your editor you just "send" i.e. use
graded material as your video track.

Works both ways and should be super simple.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 10, OSX 10.8.5
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GUI 4000 / GPU GTX 780
DL 4K
Eizo Color
Scope Box
Full Ligthspace CMS

Return to posts index

richard emerson
on May 28, 2014 at 1:17:25 pm

Thank-you guys for the info...Much appreciated indeed...

Return to posts index

richard emerson
on Jun 4, 2014 at 6:25:55 pm

Hi, thanks for the answers and support...I have managed to do all ok, accept I am seeing strange pulsing in sky and clouds, when I deliver, I am using BMCC PRO REZ, and some GH3 FOOTAGE ( drone )...In the timeline and on FCP all looks fine, checked original clips, and looked at Low Rez copies....ALL FINE...

I have to EXPORT or DELIVER in 2 Formats = One 422 HQ Pro Rez ( Original Quality )..

And Also a .MP4 Copy...

The 2 CAMERAS should be fine together, the settings for DELIVERY look ok, the 1st time I tried it only made a 5min FILM and it 9mins and 32 Seconds..

Tried again and it DELIVERED fine, all looked ok when replaying on the SUITES GRADING MONITOR, but now I am home watching a copy, and I am seeing strange flashes around skies and clouds, a cream door does it, slightly RAINBOW like..

Any thoughts???? ( Thanks in advance ).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]