FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 10 Crashes My System

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Williams
Resolve 10 Crashes My System
on May 6, 2014 at 2:18:52 am

I have Resolve 10 and when I log in it crashes my system. Not all the time and its totally random. I am on Maverick now and its been doing it for awhile even on 9.6. Anyone else having this problem??

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve 10 Crashes My System
on May 6, 2014 at 6:49:13 am

Post your computer hardware info and system info and it should be possible to diagnose the problem. Also the specific version of Resolve 10 (10.1.3? 10.1.4? etc.).

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on May 6, 2014 at 8:36:43 am

Total freeze ?
Mouse still moving but no action possible than the power button ?
If so, welcome to the club.
Some info about the footage and action would be interesting.
I am getting those only on Timelines bigger than HD with TR noise applied...

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.1.0.021
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
on May 6, 2014 at 9:59:35 am

No it takes the whole system down hard power off the message that my Mac has a problem and was restarted etc etc

Return to posts index

Tereza Zbankova
on Sep 12, 2014 at 11:36:54 pm

Hello, what is the solution of the problem, when after for example color grading mouse still moving but no action possible. For example, the skipping of shots on the scene but the in viewer there is displays the same. Thank you very much for your help.

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
on May 6, 2014 at 10:00:24 am

How do I get you the Hardware info? Copy and paste?

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on May 6, 2014 at 2:53:23 pm

Click on the Apple icon then do the following:

Click on the Apple icon (located on the left side of the menu bar) then select the About This Mac

From there click on the More Info button
Then click on the System Report button
Then save the file

Note: It may took a few seconds for the file to be saved.

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
on May 6, 2014 at 5:25:39 pm

I am using 10.1.3.014
I have Uploaded My System File
7458_macpro.spx.zip

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 6, 2014 at 5:14:03 pm

Suspicions are coming around to memory. I started getting these a while back -- at first one suspects a lot of things -- I had a second unrelated license dongle installed (for MacCaption) which, when removed, relieved the crashing for a day or two -- then I started running into dialog cautions that I was exhausting the available GPU memory, and then I had a DIMM failure.

Resolve rides all your ponies HARD. Some of them pull up lame... most of the time I wondered if it was something to do with trying to crowd too many frames through with abrupt timeline navigation, but I've had application halts (not a system-wide crash) simply in "Play". One thing to check... if you get the beach-ball of death, try to open the Mac system bar at the top of the screen by opening something like Time/Date preferences. Drag it to wherever your application task bar is, so you can hop to the task bar without crossing the Resolve GUI--bottom screen or left/right side screen -- and if it opens, right click on the Resolve icon. It will likely be in "Application Not Responding". Often a "Force Quit" will let the system bail out and you won't have to do a complete restart. Of course you will lose everything since your last SAVE operation, but... anyway, that's another discussion.

Run the CaptureLogs application right away. Do not allow Resolve to restart or the diagnostic dump will be refreshed and if there is something panicked in the stack it will disappear. Send to BM.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 7, 2014 at 7:54:03 am
Last Edited By Marc Wielage on May 7, 2014 at 7:54:22 am

[Joseph Owens] "Resolve rides all your ponies HARD. Some of them pull up lame... "

That's the best line of the day!

Return to posts index

John Sellars
on May 9, 2014 at 4:43:49 pm

First thing I do is look under the hood. I recently put in a new Decklink card, and Resolve started crashing the entire computer after a few minutes. Turns out the cables running to the external HDMI bracket were rubbing up against the fan of the GPU, causing it to thermal shut down (which luckily saved it!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]