FORUMS: list search recent posts

no cuda acceleration hardware detected problem _ Mac with Titan Black in cubix expander

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Glasgal
no cuda acceleration hardware detected problem _ Mac with Titan Black in cubix expander
on May 6, 2014 at 1:27:47 am

Resolve 10.1.4 (full software version)
on mac pro 2010 2x2.93 GHz 6 core, 32gb ram
OSX 10.9.2

Cuda Driver Version 5.5.28

Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 GUI card
Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Black GPU card inside Cubix Xpander Elite

"no cuda acceleration hardware detected" popup on Resolve Startup
My computer sees the titan black in System Report, but none of my apps do (Adobe, Resolve)

Do I need to install any drivers?
Please help. Thanks!

-David

Return to posts index

David Glasgal
Re: no cuda acceleration hardware detected problem _ Mac with Titan Black in cubix expander
on May 6, 2014 at 5:35:36 pm

Here is the web driver you will need to install:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75319/en-us

Here is the CUDA driver: (use latest one)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Please install both and make sure the web driver is selected in the Nvidia menu in your task bar at the top of the screen.

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
Re: no cuda acceleration hardware detected problem _ Mac with Titan Black in cubix expander
on May 12, 2014 at 7:12:28 pm

David, would you be able to confirm that you got this configuration working with the titan black in the cubix? We just tried it on our Mac Pro mid-2012 with cubix xpander and could not get the OS to see the titan black no matter what we did. Same cuda version, same nvidia web driver, mavericks 10.9.2, and resolve 10.1.5 (maybe resolve 10.1.4 would work?). Any comments or thoughts on this?

Chris Hall
Colorist - Prehistoric Digital
Santa Monica, CA

Return to posts index

David Glasgal
on May 12, 2014 at 7:39:43 pm

yes got it working

uninstalled resolve, loaded these drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75319/en-us

latest CUDA driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Please install both and make sure the web driver is selected in the Nvidia menu in your task bar at the top of the screen.

try that and let me know
thanks

David

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on May 13, 2014 at 5:49:48 pm

very odd. Did all as you outlined again (actually wiped the hard drive and did fresh install of the OS as well) and still no recognition of the titan black by either the OS or Resolve. Hmmm, has anyone else got the titan black working on mac? Could it be a cubix thing (ie the titan black needs to actually be in the tower using a seperate power supply)?

Chris Hall
Santa Monica, CA

Return to posts index

David Glasgal
on May 13, 2014 at 6:00:27 pm

No it has to be in cubix due to power supply.

are you using the web driver vs. the OS driver? i know it's a puzzle!

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on May 13, 2014 at 6:33:11 pm

yep using the web driver listed above, go figure. You're Titan Black isn't flashed is it? (its just the stock PC card right?)

Chris Hall
Santa Monica, CA

Return to posts index

David Glasgal
on May 13, 2014 at 6:47:31 pm

Yes it is flashed, but That shouldn't make a difference, but who knows.

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on May 13, 2014 at 7:21:47 pm

that could be the difference here

Chris Hall
Santa Monica, CA

Return to posts index

David Glasgal
on May 14, 2014 at 5:32:55 pm

got this from Cubix:

Mic Grover
Cubix Technical Services
775.888.1000, x220
micg@cubix.com

-----

Cubix lab ran Mac Pro OS X 10.9.2 with Resolve 10.1.4 connected to Xpander Desktop Elite with 2 x TITAN Black. Obtained standard candle results as listed below.To run this configuration successfully, lab had to update OS X to 10.9.2, NVIDIA GTX Series driver to the latest version and Resolve to 10.1.4.

A Cubix customer brought in a colorist to test their configuration: MacPro 5,1 / Cubix Xpander / 2 x TITAN Black. Colorist used Standard Candle to test the system using a single video file with a series of increasingly GPU-taxing grades. The first set used multiple instances of blur, and the second multiple instances of noise reduction. System got equal numbers with either ATI 5770 or Quadro 4000 as GUI.

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on May 14, 2014 at 8:36:03 pm

huh. well I have no explanation for this. I guess I better see if we got a bad Titan black card possibly (will test it on a windows machine)

Chris Hall
Santa Monica, CA

Return to posts index

jacopo loiodice
on Aug 31, 2014 at 3:03:18 pm

I've the same issue, both with da vinci 10 and 11.
i'm working on:
Imac
OS X 10.8.5
3,2 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

the message say : "no cuda acceleration hardware detected" and the software ceashes when i try to open a folder or anything else

please help
thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]