FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip fail to link because the media file "####" is missing or has the wrong timecode extents.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ford
Clip fail to link because the media file "####" is missing or has the wrong timecode extents.
on Apr 27, 2014 at 7:58:22 pm

When I try to send FCPXML to Davinci Resolve I get the error message: "The clip failed to link because the media file "####" is missing or has the wrong timecode extents.". I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I updated to Resolve v10.1.4 thinking it may be helpful ... but not. I convert my h264 files from my 5D to ProRes using MPEG Streamclip and sync sound using PluralEyes. Could there be something in the conversion that messes up the timecode? However when I try the export to Resolve using only un-synced clips I get the same error message. Maybe I have something incorrectly configured somewhere. When you see the demos on Youtube of the FCPXML import, it works so seamlessly. What am I doing wrong! In the mean time, does anyone know of a work around to editing in FCPX and color grading in Resolve?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Clip fail to link because the media file "####" is missing or has the wrong timecode extents.
on Apr 28, 2014 at 5:31:27 am

How are the reel numbers handled? I see a lot of problems like this when using toy cameras like the 5D, mainly because they're not timecode capable cameras. When and if these cameras fully support timecode, I'll shut up. But otherwise, this is one of those things you just have to chase.

My workaround is to have the editor export a single flattened ProRes file, then I notch it all with auto scene detect. That will roundtrip just fine.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Clip fail to link because the media file "####" is missing or has the wrong timecode extents.
on Apr 28, 2014 at 1:54:36 pm

Mpeg stream clip will have lost your timecode...or at least set every clips timecode to to 0:00, so if you are conforming based on timecode, Resolve is going to see every clip starting at the same timecode, and ending at different timecodes, so it is going to get confused very quickly. You are probably going to have to do some conflict management, or manual assigning of clips to media.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]