FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saphire Lens Flare Tracking

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikee carpinter
Saphire Lens Flare Tracking
on Apr 15, 2014 at 7:51:50 pm

While I was at NAB I ask at both the Black Magic and GenArts booths if tracking a lens flare was possible in Resolve.
We all tried together on work stations set up but could not get it to work even with copying and pasting tracking data from a different shapes etc.

It seems you cannot track data with OFX effects

Anyone out there know how to do it and have any tricks?
If not will this be a feature in the future?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
Re: Saphire Lens Flare Tracking
on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:44:18 pm

Move it by hand using dynamics like the old days. Works great.

I wish you could use a matte like AE, would require GenArts to allow a matte input from Resolve, would be a nice addition.

Clark Bierbaum
Color Grading / Post Consultant
GarnetColor.com
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
Re: Saphire Lens Flare Tracking
on Apr 17, 2014 at 3:49:05 am

Moving it around by hand using dynamics works, but doesn't give the most organic moves since it moves in a perfectly straight line at a linear speed… I've found it need to drop in a lot of keyframes to get something good. if the motion path made a bezier curved path between keyframes it might work better, but it seems to just go in a straight line.

One thing to try if your light source is in frame the whole time is to track it, then put a temp window on it that makes everything in frame black except a little circle on your object. Then use the auto track lens flare to auto position the lens flare based on brightest object, and then disable the window layer. Not sure if this would work, all the times I've used flares I've wanted the "source" position out of frame.

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]