FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to copy & paste clip-cropping settings?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Any way to copy & paste clip-cropping settings?
on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07:22 pm

I'd like to apply the crop settings I've made on a shot to the rest of the shots in my timeline. Unfortunately it looks like any modifications made to the parameters in the clip's "Effects Inspector" panel does not get saved with the grade itself, so I can't just grab a still of the cropped clip, then apply it to the rest of the clips.

Please don't tell me that the only option is to go into every g'damned clip in the Edit page, click open the Effects Inspector (which inexplicably does not remember it's last state visibility) and manually type in the crop numbers. If I have to do that, I will be forced to set fire to my computer and find a new business to make my living in.

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: Any way to copy & paste clip-cropping settings?
on Apr 10, 2014 at 10:19:22 pm

why dont you just grab a still of the cropped clip, turn the cropping off in the edit page and apply the changes
where they should have been applied in the first place, in the input-sizing of the clip. if you wanna have the all
your clips cropped the same way, do it in the track tab and you're done!

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Apr 10, 2014 at 10:49:24 pm

[Andy Winter] "why dont you just grab a still of the cropped clip, turn the cropping off in the edit page and apply the changes
where they should have been applied in the first place, in the input-sizing of the clip. if you wanna have the all
your clips cropped the same way, do it in the track tab and you're done!"

Input Sizing is not what I'm looking for…I actually need to *crop* the clips in a non-uniform way (e.g., showing only the middle 16% of a 1080 frame).

It does work, however to use the Output Sizing Blanking parameters, which didn't occur to me until you reminded me of using the Sizing tab instead of the Edit Page parameters. The only drawback is that it only works in Track mode, so I can't selectively apply the blanking on a clip-by-clip basis. But this is good enough for my purposes right now.

Thanks for the guidance!

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Apr 10, 2014 at 11:05:39 pm

then try node sizing! you can grab a still
and append the node to varilous clips
at once.
or do it the dirty way:
make two black windows to fo the "cropping"....

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Apr 10, 2014 at 11:43:25 pm

[Andy Winter] "then try node sizing! you can grab a still
and append the node to varilous clips
at once. "

Node Sizing was actually one of the first things I thought to try.

The only problem with Node Sizing (or any of the sizing options in the Sizing tab, for that matter), is that for some inexplicable reason, Resolve limits the bottom end of all the image-scaling parameters to 0.25…I needed a 0.16 scale.

In any case, even if it did allow for a smaller scale, Node Sizing doesn't help in my particular instance, as I need to physically crop the edges in a nonuniform manner, not scale them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]