FORUMS: list search recent posts

HUGE weird problem when importing XML

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trent Garlipp
HUGE weird problem when importing XML
on Apr 10, 2014 at 12:20:20 am

Alright I've got a bunch of ML RAW converted to DNG files that I made proxies for in Resolve and my friend edited in premiere on his computer. The proxies and DNG folders/files have the same names and when we did a test before they matched up in Resolve. So, he edited the clips together in Premiere CS6 and exported the XML and gave that file to me. He didn't do any time remapping or anything or change any file names, just cut them together and trimmed and stuff.

So I started a new project in Resolve, matched up the project frame rate with the frame rate in premiere, then brought all the DNGs the proxies were based off of into the Media pool.
I went to the edit tab and imported XML and unchecked the box to automatically import clips, and clicked okay, and at first glance it looked like it worked.

All of the clip lengths and layers and edits were in the right place, but when I scrubbed through the timeline, it was almost all the same clip, or same few clips, repeating over and over again! I tried various settings before bringing clips into the media pool, making sure the framerates matched and everything, but every time it's only the same few clips repeating over and over again, even though the placement of the clips in the timeline and lengths are all correct! What the hell is happening? Is this a known issue with Premiere exporting XML, or what?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]