FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 10 issues and requests

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roman Hankewycz
Resolve 10 issues and requests
on Apr 8, 2014 at 2:38:59 pm

I've been gathering this list for a while and I believe these are solid issues and requests. That being said if anyone knows of ways to make some of these things work please share!

Issues
  • In the edit page each track in a timeline used to indicate the number of clips it contained. This helpful feature is now gone.

• In shared database environments the refresh option doesn't work as it did before, in both cases you need to log out of a user and then back in to trully refresh the project list: (A) clicking refresh doesn't show new projects created by another system, (B) clicking refresh doesn't "free up" a project that another system just exited.

• In the Lookup Tables section of the Project settings the 1D/3D Color Viewer Lookup Table and 1D/3D Scopes Lookup Table dropdown boxes are always stuck on the option "Use Video Monitor Selection." Because of this, selecting a 1D/3D Video Monitor Lookup Table option also effects the GUI monitor and the scopes.

• When you apply an input preset to a clip in the media pool and then cut it into a timeline the clip looks correct. But when you then copy and paste that clip into another timeline the input preset is ignored. The workaround is to export an edl of the source track and import it into the destination timeline for the input sizing to come through correctly.

• When skipping forward and backwards through stacked clips in a timeline the mini timeline and the thumbnail timeline often show different clips as being highlighted, as if they don't agree on which is the active clip.

• When displaying "source clip name" or "source timecode" on a stack of clips, the information doesn't update when turning video tracks on and off. The information only changes when skipping forward and backwards through clips using "previous scene" and "next scene"

• In the edit page, when displaying source timecode in the upper right timecode display the information doesn't update on a stack of clips when turning video tracks on and off.

• Importing pre-conformed EDLs creates timelines that always start at 01:00:00:00 even if the first record timecode in the EDL is a later timecode.

• requests
  • A tool to setup automatic and scheduled database backups. Currently the two DB backup methods I'm aware of are user initiated

• Node Sizing and Edit Sizing access through DaVinci Panels

• Grouping should be made into a mode that can be toggled on and off so that in order to grade a single shot independently of its group you could just turn group mode off, then after making adjustments you can turn group mode back on. Currently you need to manually remove clips from groups and then add them back in to make independent adjustments.

• The ability to control opacity for individual windows in the same node

• roman hankewycz
    harbor picture company // colorist

Return to posts index

Christian Betong
    Re: solve 10 issues and requests
    on Apr 8, 2014 at 3:50:05 pm

+1 on the grouped clips feature

The opacity for each window is addressed in the v11 updateit seems.

Return to posts index

Harris Charalambous
    Re: Resolve 10 issues and requests
    on Apr 8, 2014 at 6:42:37 pm

The grouped clips issues is from what I could tell yesterday addressed this. There are however quite a few quirks from resolve 10 that seem to be lingering stil,l but let's see what happens by release date.

They have also bought back the # of clips on each timeline. Agreed it's a great little feature. I'd actually love to see the same thing in the media pool.

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
    on Apr 11, 2014 at 5:12:47 pm

Hi Roman! +1 on groups, been asking for that every since I first started using groups. Useless feature without it.

cheers,

JT

John Tissavary
    colorist
    Gramercy Park Studios NYC

Return to posts index

Roman Hankewycz
    on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:57:14 pm

Hey John!

roman hankewycz
    harbor picture company // colorist